Our Commitment to Privacy
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you when you use our Services in several ways.
Information Provided by You
- We collect information from you when you register on our site or subscribe to our newsletter.
- When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your e-mail address. However, you may visit our site anonymously. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Provided by Third Parties
We may collect, process and store your information associated with any social media account (such as happens when you enter a promotion or interact with a social application and agree to allow Wishpond to access your Facebook information. It happens also when you, as an Account Holder, upload company information or contest data to use in Wishpond Services).
Automatically Collected Information
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and remember certain information.
In addition, we use your public IP address to detect your location.
What do we use your information for?
We use the information we collect about you to:
- Establish your account and provide the Services;
- Fulfill your requests and provide customized content to you;
- Improve the Services, customer service and to research and develop innovative features and new services;
- Provide our customers’ marketing analytics,
- To send periodic emails;
- For marketing purposes; and
- Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding unlawful or harmful activities, including potential threats to the physical safety of a person, potential fraud, and violations of our Terms of Service.
How do we share the Information?
Information about you may be shared for the following purposes:
- When we have your consent or where it is necessary to carry out your instructions;
- As reasonably necessary to provide Services’ features and functionality to you;
- We may share your information with third-party vendors or business partners who provide services on our behalf, which may include analytics, customer service, survey providers, payment processing, marketing, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our Services.
- When we believe in good faith that sharing is reasonably necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible unlawful activities or to comply with legal process or other legal requirements; when we deem disclosure appropriate in situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, potential violations of our terms, or claims of violation of the rights of third parties; or when we deem disclosure appropriate to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our employees, users, or another person or entity (the disclosures described here may involve the sharing of your information with, for example, law enforcement, government agencies, courts, or other parties).
Information Access, Correction, and Deletion Options
You have a right to (1) access, modify, correct, or delete certain of your information regarding your user profile, and (2) close your account. You can also contact us regarding any account information which is not on your profile or readily accessible to you. If you close your account, your information may be removed or unpublished from the Services within a reasonable amount of time.
Note that information that others have copied may remain visible and you may not be able to access, correct, or eliminate any information about you that others copied or exported out of Wishpond, because this information may not be in our control. Your information may be displayed in search engine results indefinitely as this is not under our direct control.
We keep your accurate, complete and up-to-date personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed. For example, we may keep certain information even after you close your account if it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our agreements or as part of our Website data backup process. We may keep your data in a published or unpublished format on the Services or in backups of the Website.
How do we protect your information?
We have implemented various technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect your information and to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information. These safeguards vary depending on the sensitivity of the information at issue.
Third Party Links and Services