Intermediate or Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
We are seeking a full-time Intermediate or Senior Ruby on Rails web developer to join our fast-growing team. The successful candidate could start immediately.
You are an experienced Ruby on Rails developer who is passionate and takes pride in his/her work. You are comfortable working on all aspects of web development – front-end (no design skills required) and back-end. You might not be familiar with every tool we use, but you like a challenge, you’re a fast learner and you enjoy picking up new technologies.
Located in beautiful Coal Harbour, Vancouver, BC, Canada, our team of 40 is a diverse bunch with a common goal of making online marketing easy for marketers of all skill levels. Even though we have grown to a few dozen, we still focus heavily on a culture in which everyone has a voice. All company decisions are shared and are up for discussion. No one at Wishpond is just a code monkey, we’re all owners who share in the responsibility for the growth of the company and the decisions we make. And we like to have fun too! We have ping pong and foosball tables, PS4 and weekly team lunches and much more. Check out a video we made for new team members here.
- Smart, friendly, gets stuff done.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Driven, proactive, disciplined, and hardworking.
- Competent coder; comfortable in multiple languages, frameworks, and environments.
- “Full stack” experience.
- Past experiences at other startups is a plus, but not required.
About your software development experience
- 2+ years of recent Ruby on Rails experience.
- Strong database experience; preferably in MySQL.
- Bonus if experienced in any of these: MongoDB, Elixir, devops.
We prefer local candidates to work at our awesome Vancouver, BC, Canada office location.
How to Apply
You can apply by sending your resume to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to work locally